read
write
members
about
account

 

datedatememberrandomsearch

April 17, 2010
My mother's life ended when she took an overdose of sleeping tablets and fell asleep while smoking. Unfortunately, although my father was working, my siblings and I were in the house. Neighbours assisted as I raised the alarm. I watched in horror as the house became a raging inferno knowing my mother was still trapped inside. Looking back now I take consolation that having taken an extremely large overdose I doubt she would have felt anything, but I didn't know that at the time. For years to come, the smell of smoke provoked panic.