Rome was not built in a day.In fact, Rome wasn't actually built. Not in the way it was intended.You see, when looking over the blueprints, someone realised that the fountains were arranged in such an order that, should you connect them with a line, it spelt, in Roman letters 'Greece rules!'Then, the workers went on strike, wanting a 12% pay increase and an extra days holiday.So, instead of building it from scratch, they went to Ikea, brought the flat-packed version of Rome, and built it themselves. It was cheaper, but far less grand.
A prefectly placed note New places New thoughtsIdeas that fly further than birds Effervescence - a hands above your head kind of wordThe right word in the right place One of the most beautiful smiles An undiscovered colour The most beautiful mind LifeOpening new avenues Veering into the unknown Eating, feasting upon words Jasper the cat And a bowler hat Surreal Nobody else will understandOr will they?I hope not.I hope you do.Understanding within nonsense, as with all conversations.I'm afraid of the silence, but I'll deal with that should it every come. Just tell you stories. Might work.
I'm afraid of silence. I like to hear something in the background. It reminds me that I'm alive. Or, at the very least, that something is alive.Somehow, I create silences. I suck in the noise, the conversation, like a black hole sucks in light. It takes mere moments for me to create an atmosphere in which no words could possibly survive.Music often fills the silence. It has greater staying-power than words.I'm afraid of a silence with you. A silence where nothing could grow. Nothing at all.Yes, I am afraid of the horrible, glass-like silence.
A few statistics:I am half way to becoming a fully fledged driver I am exactly 17 and one third I live in my head 78% of the time I don't know where I am the other 22%1 in 2 people regret what they have done The others regret what everyone else has doneThe chances of aliens existing is surprisingly high Intelligence is inversely proportional to creativity People lie 79% of the timeThe last two facts were lies The chance of me waking up and not feeling tired is slightly less than nil55% of people won't finish...
'What happened to you?''I got lost in a sea of my emotions.''A metaphorical sea?''No. An actual sea of my emotions.''Oh.''It happens quite a lot. Especially when I have to deal with something with which I have had no previous experiance.''Such as?''Love.''Really?''Yup. Drowing in a sea of love. The sharks of incompetance jellyfish of silence stung and bit and turned my body into a pile of flesh.''Then how are you still here?''It was a metaphor.''But you just said...''I may be in love, but I can still be sarcastic.'
KingHe was the king of awkwardness. Conversation never came naturally, and he was certain that a void of silence would eventually swallow them.Physical intimacy was another fear. He was terrified to hold hands, in case you thought it was 'improper' or 'too forward'.In essence, he was stuck in the Victorian era, but without the nostalgic charm and racisim.He was trying to work on it. He really was. Change comes slowly, and no king likes to be removed. If he could, he would offer a royal proclomation of apology.Instead, he wrote, in the hope you would understand.
'...and so you could, theoretically, download all your thoughts onto, say, a memory stick, and you could live forever.''As a machine?''Exactly.''That's the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard.''What?''That's not living. Living is breathing and loving and having new experiences. Re-living past memories is for those with no future.''Why do you have to contradict everything I say? Why do you have to make everything so...serious?''Why shouldn't I?''I hate you! Go away!''Ok, I will! And you'll be sorry!'...I never will understand why I chose to download this memory.